Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Be Careful Little Ears...

So normally we would associate the song we've heard a million times, "Be careful little ears what you hear...Oh be careful little eyes...", with a child and what they need to wary of. In this circumstance, those ears are mine!
Monday when I picked Jori up from gymnastics, one of the instructors let me know that although Jori is truly talented, her lack of focus would keep her from excelling. I should have immediately ignored the crazy comment about my very imaginative genius 4 year-old, however, I freaked out! I decided she had a problem and might be ADHD (her father is!). I came home immediately and searched for ways to treat ADHD/ADD at home without drugs. I decided we should change our diets drastically. No sugar, no carbonation, no anything good!
It took several days for me to stop and reconsider this over-the-top measures! What was I thinking??? She is only FOUR! How can a woman who is with her only 1 hour a week make such a lousy assumption of Jori.
So lesson learned...BE CAREFUL LITTLE EARS WHAT YOU HEAR, AND WHAT YOU DECIDE TO LISTEN TOO

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're back to blogging. I've missed reading about your kids! I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago when somebody called Mason a brat (acting like one, but still, that's my baby) and I completely was ready to change my parenting style! Side note: she later apologized and I understand what she meant.

    ReplyDelete